Tenderloin tail medallions speak for themselves. Put the added TLC into your side dish to get the maximum palette experience while indulging in the ultimate beef tenderness.
2 Chairman’s Reserve® tenderloin tail medallions, cut ¾-inch thick
½ to 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
Blue cheese crumbles, as desired
2 cups cooked hard wheat berries
1 cup thinly sliced kale
⅓ cup chopped toasted walnuts
⅓ cup dried cranberries
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle garlic pepper evenly onto surface of beef medallions.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook medallions 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Remove steaks from skillet; Keep warm.
- Season medallions with salt; serve with wheat berry salad. Garnish with blue cheese crumbles, as desired.
Wheat Berry Salad
- Combine wheat berries, kale, walnuts, and cranberries.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Toss dressing with salad.
Cooking tip: to cook wheat berries – soak 1 cup hard wheat berries in water overnight. Drain wheat berries and place in a large saucepan; add 1 ½ cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 50 to 60 minutes until tender with a slight chew. Remove from heat.