Tenderloin tail medallions speak for themselves. Put the added TLC into your side dish to get the maximum palette experience while indulging in the ultimate beef tenderness.
2 Chairman’s Reserve® tenderloin tail medallions, cut ¾-inch thick
½ to 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
Blue cheese crumbles, as desired
2 cups cooked hard wheat berries
1 cup thinly sliced kale
1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1/3 cup dried cranberries
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Sprinkle garlic pepper evenly onto surface of beef medallions.
2. Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook medallions 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Remove steaks from skillet; Keep warm.
3. Season medallions with salt; serve with wheat berry salad. Garnish with blue cheese crumbles, as desired.
Wheat Berry Salad
1. Combine wheat berries, kale, walnuts, and cranberries.
2. Whisk together dressing ingredients.
3. Toss dressing with salad.
Cooking tip: to cook wheat berries – soak 1 cup hard wheat berries in water overnight. Drain wheat berries and place in a large saucepan; add 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 50 to 60 minutes until tender with a slight chew. Remove from heat.