Quintessential flavors of France – white wine, shallots and tarragon – transform this cast-iron New York Strip Steak into an elegant meal.
2 8 oz NY Strip Steaks (3/4” thick)
Freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
1. Combine ingredients for bearnaise butter
2. Roll herbed butter in wax paper and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Season steaks with salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil over medium-high heat.
5. Brown steaks 45 seconds to 1 minute each side.
6. Transfer steaks to oven. Cook 5 to 7 minutes at 425°F for medium-rare (Cook 7 to 9 minutes at 425°F for medium.)
7. Cook to 145°F internal temperature.
8. Rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
9. Top with slice of bearnaise butter after plating.
1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper