Marinated, rubbed and grilled to perfection, this pork loin dish with Celery Seed White Sauce is sure to become your new grilling go-to.
2 to 2 ½ pound Chairman’s Reserve® Pork loin
1 ½ quarts Pork Loin Brine
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Pork Rub (recipe follows)
celery seed white sauce
(Yields 2 ½ cups)
1 ½ cups mayonnaise
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¾ teaspoon granulated garlic
1 ½ teaspoons celery seed
¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
3 teaspoons granulated sugar
(Yields a generous 1 ½ cups)
1 cup kosher salt
2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
2 tablespoons ground sumac
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano (available at most grocery stores)
pork loin brine
(Yields about 1 ½ quarts)
1 quart plus 1 cup apple juice
½ cup kosher salt
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons coriander seeds
4 small bay leaves
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- For Celery Seed White Sauce: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together thoroughly. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use. This sauce will keep, refrigerated, for 3 days.
- For Pork Rub: In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- For Pork Loin Brine Combine all ingredients and refrigerate 24 hours in an airtight container, then strain prior to brining the pork. Brine must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Cover pork loin with strained brine and refrigerate for 4 hours. Meanwhile, combine butter and 1 teaspoon Pork Rub. Remove pork loin from brine after 4 hours and pat dry with paper towels. Microwave butter mixture for 30 seconds to melt butter. Brush seasoned melted butter over entire pork loin. Season loin with 3 tablespoons Pork Rub, making sure to season entire loin evenly. Allow seasoned loin to sit 30 minutes at room temperature.
- When you are ready to cook, heat the grill to 400°F, using a 2-Zone setup.
- Place the seasoned pork loin onto the hot side of the two zone grill. Cook for 10 minutes, flipping loin frequently to ensure that the meat is evenly browned. Move loin to cool side and continue to cook for approximately 10 more minutes, or until internal temperature of the pork has reached 140°F. Brush all of the surface of the pork loin with Celery Seed White Sauce and cook for another 5 minutes, remove from the grill and let rest approximately 10 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of pitmaster Tuffy Stone