Dinner party or house party – you’re sure to impress with this foodservice style appetizer.
1 Chairman’s Reserve® Prime pork belly, skin on (½ lb)
2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
Kosher salt, as needed
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons whiskey
Chives, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the pork belly into 1” strips lengthwise and pat dry. Sprinkle with coarse black pepper and generously top pork belly with kosher salt.
- Place pork belly on a roasting rack and roast at 350°F for 50 minutes. When done, remove pork belly and remove the salt crust that has formed over the pork belly. Sometimes a pastry brush is useful to remove all the salt.
- Return the pork belly to a broiler and, with a watchful eye, broil until nicely browned. Be careful not to over brown.
- Transfer the pork belly to a cutting board and let rest for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the honey and whiskey to form the glaze. Slice chives on a long bias.
- Cube the pork belly and arrange on a platter. Drizzle glaze over pork bites and sprinkle with paprika and chives then serve.