Grilled sirloin sliced into strips and nestled into small flour tortillas and toasted in a cast iron skillet with white rice and Korean BBQ sauce, topped with watercress and fried garlic.
1-2 lbs. Chairman’s Reserve® Premium Beef, Sirloin Steak, cut into strips
1 cup masa
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup coconut oil
½ cup warm water
1 cup white rice
½ cup sliced green onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced ginger
½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons palm sugar
½ cup watercress
2 tablespoons fried garlic
- Combine the masa, flour, oil and water in a mixing bowl. Knead the dough until the dough is a smooth ball. Cover and set aside for about 30 minutes. Refrigerate.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spary the skillet with vegetable spray. Sear the steak strips until browning begins. Stir in the green onions, garlic, ginger and soy sauce, heat until thickening begins. Remove from heat and melt the palm sugar, set aside keeping warm.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Press the tortilla mixture to the thickness you like and toast in the skillet until golden brown on both sides, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Hold warm in a damp towel.
- Build the tacos by dividing the rice and beef strips into the tortillas and finish with watercress and fried garlic.