Smoked pork butt is shredded to perfection, then ready to be enjoyed as-is or in sandwiches, tacos, quesadillas, nachos or more..
Chairman’s Reserve® 10-12 lb pork butt
Whiskey Bent The Fix seasoning
Whiskey Bent The Old Fashioned seasoning
- Pre-season with your favorite seasoning and let sit overnight.
- Light charcoal and almond chunk fire in the morning and smoke until around 200°F
- About 2 hours into the smoke, place meat in a pan with a liquid (apple juice, broth or water)
- Note: We choose to do a scored fat cap up so didn’t feel it was necessary to spritz with liquid
- Smoke it until it hits an internal temp of 160°F
- At this point add liquid if needed and cover the pan with tinfoil
- At 200°F internal remove the roast from the heat and let the aggressive heat out of the pan.
- Place in a cooler and let rest until ready to shred. (Note: don’t let internal temp go below 141°F)
- Next drain the juice and fat into a pancake batter dispenser and let the fat separate to the top of the container.
- Take time to pull apart the muscles and remove all connective tissue from the roast
- Shred those pieces of meat
- Add back in the juice NOT the fat that will be floating on top of the chosen dispensing vessel.
- Add more seasoning to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Bob McNutt.