Oven braised country-style boneless ribs in rich red wine with boiler onions, garlic, rosemary and peppercorns.
1-2 lb Chairman’s Reserve® Premium Pork, Country-style Boneless Ribs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup boiler onions
5 garlic cloves
1 cup red wine
2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Heat a Dutch oven or ovenable pot with a lid over medium heat. Pour in the oil and heat until hot. Sear the pork ribs on all sides, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the onions and garlic, cooking for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine, cover and place into the oven. Cook until the pork is tender, about 1 hour.
Serving suggestions: Lentil and Roasted Acorn Squash Salad and Roasted Root Vegetable Medley, recipes follow
Lentil and Roasted Acorn Squash Salad
Lentil salad of roasted acorn squash, roasted beets, burrata cheese and fresh basil, dressed with lemon and olive vinaigrette.
½ cup dry lentils, cooked
1 acorn squash, roasted
3 red beets, roasted
½ cup lemon vinaigrette, see recipe below
1 (8oz) ball burrata cheese, sliced
¼ cup fresh basil leaves
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped shallot
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon pure honey
¾ cup olive oil
- Once the lentils, squash and beets are finished cooking; cool them in the refrigerator until cold.
- Slice the squash and beets into thin wedges; set aside keeping cool.
- Combine the lemon juice, shallot, garlic and honey in a blender. Pulse well while slowly pouring in the oil.
- Toss the lentils with the vinaigrette.
- Plate the salad with the squash and beets on the bottom, spread the lentils over the top with additional vinaigrette.
- Finish the salad with slices of burrata cheese and basil leaves.
Roasted Root Vegetable Medley
Roasted fingerling potatoes with carrots, parsnips and celery root with balsamic vinegar reduction with roasted leeks and fresh thyme.
1 lb. fingerling potatoes
2 large carrots, peeled & diced
2 large parsnips, peeled & diced
1 celery root, peeled & diced
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup diced leeks
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Boil a large pot of water.
- Par-cook the potatoes, carrots, parsnips and celery root in the boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and spread onto a baking pan.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and garlic cooking until tender. Pour in the vinegar and thyme. Pour over the par-cooked vegetable mix, stir to coat.
- Roast in the oven until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes.