Skip the restaurant — this recipe uses a Trompo King and a smoker to create delicious tacos al pastor right at home.
1 Chairman’s Reserve® Pork loin (about 4 lb)
Trompo King® Al Pastor seasoning
1 onion (optional)
¼ cup chopped cilantro
12 oz cotija cheese
Street taco sized tortillas
- Thinly slice the pork loin.
- Use ½ tablespoon of Trompo King Al Pastor seasoning per pound of meat.
- Mix with ½ juice from an orange per pound of meat.
- Mix well and seal overnight in a container.
- Cut the pineapple in slices and place a chunk on the bottom of the Trompo King skewers. Stack the marinated pork on the Trompo King and top it with another chunk.
- Place the stacked Trompo King on your smoker (375°F) until the internal temp reaches 155°F.
- Remove the stack and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice thinly and serve on warm tortillas, top with cilantro, roasted pineapple, cotija cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Gabe Weiss.