Grilled beef top round roast with subtle hints of cherrywood, basted with a blend of arugula and red wine vinegar with agave syrup and black pepper, finished with garlic compound butter.
1 (4-5 lb) Chairman’s Reserve® Beef top round roast
Cherrywood wood chips
1 cup arugula, packed
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons agave syrup
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons roasted garlic
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1. Heat an outdoor grill or smoker on low. Using charcoal, heat the coals until they become white. Soak Cherrywood chips in water for 15 to 30 minutes. Spread the wood chips over the coal or use a smoke box.
2. Combine the arugula, vinegar, oil, agave, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. Separate the vinaigrette mixture into two bowls.
3. Place the roast into the smoker, cook for 1 to 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F. Baste or brush one of the bowls of vinaigrette mixture over the roast during the cooking process.
4. Once the roast is finished, spread the remaining vinaigrette mixture over the roast. Combine the garlic and butter in a mixing bowl. When serving the roast, finish each portion with the garlic butter.
Grilled Green Beans
2 cups halved green beans
1 cup halved fava beans
1 cup halved Romano beans
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon natural yeast
1. Heat an outdoor grill over medium heat.
2. Toss the beans with the oil, salt and pepper. Cook on the grill until charring begins on the beans, about 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Finish with yeast.
Butternut Squash Noodles
2 cups noodled butternut squash
2 cups Brussels sprouts leaves
2 tablespoons fried garlic
1 blood orange, segments
1 cup arugula, packed
2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon agave syrup
1. Heat a cast iron skillet or grill approved skillet over medium heat in an outdoor grill.
2. Cook the butternut squash noodles and brussels sprouts in the skillet until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Toss in the fried garlic, orange segments, arugula and mint.
4. Combine the vinegar, oil and agave in a small mixing bowl and toss in the squash mixture.