Juicy and flavorful brisket cooked low-and-slow with coarse kosher salt and black pepper — just like they prefer in Texas.
Chairman’s Reserve® 12 lb brisket
Kosher salt, to taste
Coarse black pepper, to taste
- Set your smoker to 225°F.
- Trim your brisket and leave about ¼” of fat.
- Heavily season the brisket with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place in the smoker until the brisket probes like butter. Some like to wrap the brisket when it hits 165°F (known as the stall).
- Let rest for at least 2 hours.
- Separate the point from the flat, turn 90 degrees and slice.
Recipe courtesy of Gabe Weiss.