T-bone with spicy parsley pesto
Crushed red pepper adds a kick of heat to our traditional parsley pesto, perfect served over impressive T-Bone steaks.
2 Chairman’s Reserve® T-Bone steaks, cut 1 ½” thick
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
¼ teaspoon salt
Crushed red pepper, as desired
- For sauce, place parsley and garlic in food processor or blender container. Cover; process until finely chopped. Add oil, vinegar and salt; process just until blended. Add crushed red pepper, as desired.
- Season steaks with pepper.
- Place steaks on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 19 to 24 minutes (20 to 25 minutes over medium heat on preheated gas grill), turning occasionally. Remove steaks when instant-read thermometer registers 140°F for medium-rare; 155°F for medium.
- Transfer steaks to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 5°F to reach 145°F for medium-rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve steaks; serve with sauce.