Give your next pork recipe a Korean twist, complete with grilled pineapples as a sweet and tangy side.
1 Chairman’s Reserve® Pork tenderloin
Big Poppa’s We Rub You Original Korean Marinade (or make your own with ingredients below)
Big Poppa’s Sweet Money Championship Rub
3 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- Preheat smoker to 275ºF.
- Trim pork tenderloin as needed.
- Drain pineapple, set aside.
- Season tenderloin and pineapple with Sweet Money Championship rub.
- Place the pork in a zip bag with 12 oz of Korean marinade and place in fridge for 20 minutes. Reserve another 4 oz of marinade on the side for basting at the end.
- Remove pork from fridge/bag and place on smoker for 15 minutes.
- Turn over, and smoke for another 15 minutes. Continue smoking until internal temp. reads 140ºF.
- Grill the pineapples for 45 seconds, then turn 90º, and cook for another 45 seconds. Flip and repeat. Pull pineapple and set aside.
- Pull pork from smoker when it reaches 140ºF internal temperature, rest for 5 minutes.
- Plate with pineapple, slice and serve.
Pro tip: Never use the marinade that had raw meat in it on cooked meat.
Pro tip: Cooking with medallions? Smoke over medium heat, turning the cuts after 2 to 3 minutes. Pull off heat when each cut of pork hits 145º F with a cooking thermometer, then let rest for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of pitmaster Sterling Ball.