You can’t go wrong with a little sweet heat — honey and Sriracha create the perfect balance of flavors in this delicious pork dish.
1 Chairman’s Reserve® Pork tenderloin
Pure strained honey
Big Poppa’s Sweet Money Championship Rub
Sriracha chili sauce
- Preheat smoker to 275ºF.
- Trim pork tenderloin as needed.
- Season tenderloin with Sweet Money Championship Rub. Allow rub to “melt” into meat for 15 minutes.
- Put pork on smoker for 15 minutes.
- While pork is on smoker, make the glaze: 50% honey, 50% Sriracha in a small saucepan, heat on med-low and whisk together. Adjust the ratio based on your preferences (more heat or more sweet). Remove from heat and set aside.
- After the first 15 minutes, flip and smoke pork for another 15 minutes or until internal temperature reads 140ºF.
- Once internal temperature is 140ºF, baste all sides of the loin with the glaze and set on the smoker for 2 more minutes.
- Pull pork from smoker, rest for 5 minutes.
- Plate, slice and serve.
Pro tip: Serve this on a bed of white, medium grain rice, scallions and a splattering of the honey Sriracha glaze.
Pro tip: Cooking with medallions? Smoke over medium heat, turning the cuts after 2 to 3 minutes. Pull off heat when each cut of pork hits 145º F with a cooking thermometer, then let rest for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of pitmaster Sterling Ball