slow cooker garlic jalapeño pork shoulder
Jalapeno, fresh herbs and crushed pineapple give this pork shoulder a punch of flavor while slow-cooking makes it ultimately tender.
1 6 lb Chairman’s Reserve® bone-in pork shoulder
8 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
2 fresh jalapeños, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons black pepper, coarsely ground
½ cup low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
1 cup crushed pineapple
- Combine ingredients to make the rub.
- Rub over pork shoulder.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Mix ingredients for sauce.
- Add to slow cooker.
- Cook on low 8 to 9 hours (or on high for 4 to 5 hours.)
- Sprinkle with ½ cup fresh cilantro before serving.