Jalapeno, fresh herbs and crushed pineapple give this pork shoulder a punch of flavor while slow-cooking makes it ultimately tender.
1 6 lb bone-in pork shoulder
1. Combine ingredients to make the rub.
2. Rub over pork shoulder.
3. Place roast in slow cooker.
4. Mix ingredients for sauce.
5. Add to slow cooker.
6. Cook on low 8 to 9 hours (or on high for 4 to 5 hours.)
7. Sprinkle with ½ cup fresh cilantro before serving.
8 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
2 fresh jalapeños, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons black pepper, coarsely ground
½ cup low sodium soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
1 cup crushed pineapple