Your favorite barbecue sauce makes these Saucy Smoked St. Louis Ribs perfect for your culinary tastes.
1 rack of Chairman’s Reserve® St. Louis ribs
(2 ½ pounds)
4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
3 tablespoons honey
1 cup white sugar
⅓ cup smoked paprika
¼ cup garlic powder
¼ cup kosher salt
1 ½ teaspoons cayenne powder
1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
1 ½ teaspoons cumin powder
1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard
1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
6 oz barbecue sauce
- Set your smoker at 230°F. While it warms combine rub ingredients and divide into halves. Remove thin membrane from rib side of the slab if it is present
- Combine all seasoning ingredients together and divide into halves.
- Pat slab dry and rub it down with half the dry rub. Let stand for 2 or more hours.
- After ribs have marinated in rub, apply the rest of the dry rub and place ribs, meat side up in the smoker. Let smoke for 2 ½ hours, checking often for appropriate smoke and temperature.
- Remove ribs from smoker and lay on a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Wrap the ribs up and return to smoker for an additional 1 ½ hours.
- Unwrap the ribs and brush lightly with barbecue sauce, smoke an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove ribs and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve.