Taco Tuesdays get all the love, but don’t forget the other six days of the week. Brighten up the classic BBQ taco with fresh and sweet homemade peach salsa.”
6 lb Chairman’s Reserve® Pork shoulder
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons salt, coarse
2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
3 large carrots
1 bunch cilantro
1 cup diced peaches (we prefer small dice)
1 tablespoon water
2 jalapeños seeded and finely diced
½ cup finely diced tomato
¼ chopped cilantro
Crushed red pepper, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large, heavy bottom pan on the stove, so it is very hot.
- Add vegetable oil. Allow to heat up for 1 minute.
- Coat pork shoulder with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Place in hot pan and brown on all sides.
- Cut 6 limes in half and place them on the bottom of a 9″x 13″ baking pan.
- Place browned pork shoulder on top of limes and add rough-cut carrots and half a bunch of cilantro.
- Cover pork shoulder with foil and place in 350°F oven.
- Roast for 3 hours or until roast is fork tender.
- Remove from oven and shred pork using 2 forks.
- Serve on your favorite taco shells and top with Jalapeño Peach Salsa and remaining cilantro.
- Combine diced peaches, juice of 1 lime, 1 tablespoon water, and diced jalapeños in a medium bowl and add crushed red pepper and salt and pepper.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and drain half of the liquid and add diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro.
- Serve over pulled pork in your favorite taco shells.
Recipe courtesy of Supermancooks