pork tenderloin bulgogi cheesesteak with kimchi and gochujang
Layered with bold Korean ingredients and bursting with flavor, this cheesesteak is sure to be your new favorite sandwich.
1 Chairman’s Reserve® Pork tenderloin
¼ cup of kimchi
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 sweet white onion, diced
1 green onion, diced
2 soft baguette or roll of choice
Gochujang sauce (for serving)
Big Poppa’s Desert Gold Seasoning
Safflower oil, or similar for cooking
4 large garlic cloves
2 green onions, diced
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar (or honey)
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
1 teaspoon Big Poppa’s Little Louie’s Garlic Salt or 1 teaspoon of coarse black pepper
- Preheat your griddle to 300ºF.
- Trim the silver skin off of the pork, place in a zip bag and freeze for 1 hour.
- To make marinade, put all ingredients in a blender — blend into a puree.
- After an hour, remove pork from freezer and slice into thin pieces. Put back into bag and add marinade, place back in fridge for ½ hour.
- While pork slices are marinating, dice bell pepper and onion.
- Add safflower oil to coat griddle, add bell pepper and onion and season with Desert Gold, mix to incorporate.
- When the pepper is soft and the onions are translucent, lower the heat on that side of your griddle to 200ºF, while keeping the other side at 300ºF.
- Remove pork from fridge, and add to the “hot” 300ºF side. Cook for 3 minutes and then flip and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Fold in pepper and onion mixture, cook for another minute.
- Take 2 to 3 slices of provolone, place on top of meat and immediately flip to melt the cheese, stir to blend.
- Cut open baguette/roll, layer in kimchi, and then fold in the meat, pepper and cheese mix from griddle.
- Top with sprinkles of toasted and black sesame seeds, then sprinkle with Gochujang sauce (for serving) and diced green onion.
- Drizzle Gochujang on the top, serve hot.
Pro Tip: Partially freezing makes slicing protein easy.
Recipe courtesy of pitmaster Sterling Ball.