Pink peppercorns give this pork chop a milder and brighter flavor than traditional black pepper.
4 Chairman’s Reserve® Pork chops (8 ounces each)
½ teaspoon canola oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pink peppercorns
1 lb broccolini (about 2 to 3 bunches)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons almond slivers
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pat your chops dry and sprinkle them very liberally with salt and crushed pink peppercorns.
- Preheat your skillet to medium-high and add the oil then chops.
- Sear over medium-high heat until golden brown (roughly 3 to 4 minutes) without moving the pork chop. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove chops from pan, put on a sheet pan with rack and place into preheated oven.
- Confirm doneness with an instant read thermometer and pull from oven at 140°F. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut off and discard the bottom of the broccolette. Split the bigger pieces of broccolini in half lengthwise so all the pieces are uniform is size. This promotes even cooking. Dry thoroughly.
- Place the broccolini and almonds in a preheated skillet on medium-high heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the broccolini in a single layer and sauté in oil for 4 to 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and crispy.