Roasted peach and bourbon pesto takes center stage in this delicious pork tomahawk recipe..
1 Chairman’s Reserve® Pork tomahawk
⅛ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
4 oz bourbon
2 oz basil
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons Parmesan
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 garlic cloves
- Mix olive oil, salt and pepper and coat the tomahawk.
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill for medium heat. If roasting indoors, prepare cast-iron to medium heat.
- Grill/pan roast 10 to 12 minutes per side until an internal temperature of 145°F.
- While grilling the pork, cut the peach in half and grill/pan roast the peach until soft and caramelized. Move to a blender, add the remaining pesto ingredients. Puree until smooth.
- Let rest and slice. Serve with summery grilled vegetables and roasted potatoes.
Chef’s Tip: If using a cast-iron skillet, deglaze the pan with the bourbon and add the drippings to the blender for a deeper flavor.
Alternate Cooking Methods: Cast-Iron/Oven
- Prepare Marinade. Marinate tomahawk in a plastic zip-lock bag.
- Prepare your oven by preheating to 325°F and preheating a cast-iron skillet for 5 to 8 minutes on medium until smoking. Place tomahawk in cast-iron pan for 5 minutes per side and baste with 2 tablespoons of butter. Then transfer to the oven for 10 minutes and roast with the peaches and bourbon until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and serve. Transfer all of the pan drippings and peaches to the blender to finish the pesto.
Alternate Cooking Methods: Sous Vide/Cast-Iron
- Prepare Marinade. Marinate tomahawk and seal to 60% in a sous vide bag.
- Prepare your sous vide machine and water bath to 145°F with a 4-hour timer.
- Place tomahawk inside. After the 4 hours is up, you can either sear the chop or chill it for future use.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet for 5 to 8 minutes on medium until smoking. Place tomahawk in cast-iron pan for 3 minutes per side and baste with 2 tablespoons of butter, bourbon and peaches. Then transfer to a wire rack to rest for 10 minutes. Transfer the butter, bourbon, peaches and pan drippings to the blender with the remaining pesto ingredients and puree.