pan-seared pepper t-bone
This recipe’s simple dalmation rub base lets you flex your creative muscles (or not) when seasoning and searing.
4 Chairman’s Reserve® T-Bone steaks (1 pound each)
½ teaspoon canola oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper medley
1 lb broccolini (about 2 to 3 bunches)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons almond slivers
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush both sides of steak with oil and season with salt and peppercorn medley. Place skillet on medium-high heat.
- Place T-Bone steaks in skillet and sear for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip, and sear second side for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove steaks from pan, put on a sheet pan with rack, and place into preheated oven.
- Confirm doneness with an instant read thermometer and pull from oven at 120°F to 125°F for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving
- Cut off and discard the bottom of the broccolette. Split the bigger pieces of broccolini in half lengthwise so all the pieces are uniform is size. This promotes even cooking. Dry thoroughly.
- Place the broccolini and almonds in a preheated skillet on medium-high heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the broccolini in a single layer and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and crispy.