Finishing with homemade garlic herb butter makes this a steakhouse-quality pan-seared filet.
4 10 oz beef filets (2 to 2 1/4” thick)
2 to 3 tablespoons butter
Kosher, salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper, optional
1. Combine garlic, herbs and butter in a mixing bowl.
2. Roll herbed butter in wax paper and chill for an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F.
4. Season both sides of filets with salt and pepper.
5. Sear 2 minutes each side.
6. Bake 6 to 7 minutes for medium-rare. (7 to 9 minutes for medium)
7. Cook to 145°F internal temperature.
8. Top with garlic herb butter and serve.
Garlic Herbed Butter:
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced