oven roasted ribeye with garlic Parmesan cream
4 12 oz Chairman’s Reserve® ribeye steaks (1 ¼” thick)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
garlic Parmesan cream:
4 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup beef stock
½ cup heavy or whipping cream
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic until fragrant and translucent.
- Add flour and stir well to make a roux.
- Add stock gradually, whisking continuously (until stock is completely absorbed and there are no lumps.)
- Add cream, whisking continuously.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, and continue whisking over medium-low heat until reduced by half.
- Brush steaks with olive oil and season both sides with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Heat heavy-bottomed pan to very hot over high heat.
- Place 2 ribeye steaks in pan and sear for 1 minute to form dark crust.
- Flip and sear other side. Repeat with remaining steaks
- Bake 4 to 5 minutes at 450°F for medium-rare. (Bake 5 to 7 minutes at 450°F for medium)
- Cook to 145°F internal temperature.
- Let rest 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with Garlic Parmesan Cream after plating.