4 12 oz ribeye steaks (1 ¼” thick)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1. Heat oil over medium heat.
2. Sauté garlic until fragrant and translucent.
3. Add flour and stir well to make a roux.
4. Add stock gradually, whisking continuously (until stock is completely absorbed and there are no lumps.)
5. Add cream, whisking continuously.
6. Stir in Parmesan cheese, and continue whisking over medium-low heat until reduced by half.
7. Brush steaks with olive oil and season both sides with salt, pepper and thyme.
8. Heat heavy-bottomed pan to very hot over high heat.
9. Place 2 ribeye steaks in pan and sear for 1 minute to form dark crust.
10. Flip and sear other side. Repeat with remaining steaks
11. Bake 4 to 5 minutes at 450°F for medium-rare. (Bake 5 to 7 minutes at 450°F for medium)
12 .Cook to 145°F internal temperature.
13. Let rest 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
14. Top with Garlic-Parmesan Cream after plating.
4 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup beef stock
½ cup heavy or whipping cream
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste