Convenience never looked so good — cook and serve this recipe in a single cast-iron skillet to create an impressive presentation for your guests.
4 thick-cut boneless Chairman’s Reserve® Pork chops
Cool Smoke BBQ Rub
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into thick wedge slices (8 per apple)
½ red onion, sliced ¼” thick
1 garlic clove, minced
4 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons butter
- Pat chops dry with a paper towel and liberally coat all sides with Cool Smoke BBQ Rub. Let chops sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and heat until shimmering.
- Add chops to the hot skillet and cook for 7 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for 7 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 140ºF.
- Remove chops to a plate to rest.
- In the same skillet, increase heat to medium-high. Stir in onions and apples.
- Cook for 4 minutes and add garlic. Continue to cook, stirring, being careful not to burn garlic (reduce heat if necessary).
- Cook for 3 minutes. Add thyme. Cook another 3 minutes. Add apple cider vinegar to deglaze the pan.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in butter.
- Season to taste with Cool Smoke BBQ Rub. Return pork to skillet.
- Serve pork chops in the skillet with seasoned apples spooned over.
Recipe courtesy of pitmaster Tuffy Stone.