Looking to mix up your beef roast? Try this top round roast recipe with roasted fingerling potatoes and a zesty gremolata..
1 boneless beef Chairman’s Reserve® round rump roast, bottom round roast or top round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
1 medium lemon
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
½ teaspoon pepper, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grate lemon peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon lemon juice from lemon. Combine lemon peel, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon minced garlic and ¼ teaspoon pepper in medium bowl. Press mixture evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil and remaining 1 tablespoon minced garlic on rimmed baking sheet; season with ½ teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast beef in 325°F oven 1 ¼ to 1 ¾ hours for medium-rare doneness; roast potatoes 55 to 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender and begin to brown, stirring once.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium-rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium-rare.)
- Toss potatoes with remaining 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Carve roast into thin slices. Season beef with salt, as desired.
Recipe courtesy of NCBA