Fresh, bold flavors come together to create this delightfully delicious sandwich.
3 cuts of Chairman’s Reserve® Pork sirloin
Big Poppa’s Desert Gold Citrus Garlic Seasoning
Large loaf of focaccia bread
Fire roasted red peppers
Tomato, thinly sliced
- Preheat smoker to 300ºF.
- Liberally season all sides with Big Poppa’s Desert Gold Citrus Garlic Seasoning. Allow seasoning to “melt” into the meat, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place the pork onto the smoker and smoke until internal temperature reaches 155ºF. Once it reaches internal temp, pull from smoker and rest pork for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice pork as thinly as possible, and set your smoker up for searing, or set your gas grill to about 350ºF.
- Slice the loaf of focaccia in half, and start to layer ingredients onto the bottom half of the bread: mozzarella, roasted red bell pepper, pesto, sliced tomato.
- Then add a layer of the sliced pork, add more cheese and pesto. Place the top of the focaccia, wrap the sandwich in foil and cook on the center of your grill for 30 minutes. Remove from smoker and be careful removing it from the foil so it doesn’t fall apart.
- Cut into portions and serve hot.
Pro Tip: Be judicious with the wet ingredients because they can make the sandwich mushy.
Recipe courtesy of pitmaster Sterling Ball.