Tender, delectable, flavorful — wow guests with these Braised Short Ribs that can be prepared in a single Dutch oven pot.
4 (8-20 oz) Chairman’s Reserve® Beef short ribs
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
2 medium celery ribs, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons tomato paste
3 cups beef stock
4 rosemary sprigs
6 to 8 thyme sprigs
green lentil salad
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 tablespoons shallot, minced
3 tablespoons carrots, sliced thin
3 tablespoons celery, very small diced
½ cup French green lentils
1 cup chicken stock
½ teaspoon kosher salt
microgreens with shallot vinaigrette
2 cups microgreens
2 teaspoons dill
1 teaspoon shallot, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F, with a rack in the center.
- Pat the ribs dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat oil over medium-high heat in Dutch oven.
- Brown each rib on all sides and set aside. Add onion, carrots, celery and tomato paste to Dutch oven. Brown slightly.
- Add the stock and scrape Dutch oven to loosen particles on the bottom and sides. Add rosemary and thyme sprigs. Return the ribs to the Dutch oven and cover with lid.
- Place Dutch oven into oven and cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until ribs are fork tender.
- Remove braising liquid and strain the excess fat from it. Reserve juices for serving.
- Serve the ribs and some of the juice with green lentil salad.
green lentil salad with microgreens and shallot vinaigrette
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan and sweat the shallot, carrot and celery.
- Add the lentils and stir them to coat them in oil, then add the stock and salt.
- Bring the lentils to a boil and then cover and reduce to a slow simmer, cook 25 to 30 minutes. Cooking times may vary but it is important not to overcook the lentils.
- When the lentils are tender, place them on a tray to cool.
- When the lentils have cooled, approximately 10 minutes, place all remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly to coat salad evenly. Serve at once.