blackberry glazed rack of pork
- Preheat grill, smoker or oven to 275°F.
- Trim excess as needed — liberally season rack with Big Poppa’s Sweet Money rub (to taste).
- Let seasoning “sweat” or “melt” into meat, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put rack of pork onto the smoker, after 1 ½ hours, check the internal temp. You will be glazing at 135°F internal and pulling at an internal temp of 140°F–145°F.
- While meat is cooking, combine bottle of Granny’s sauce and ½ jar of blackberry preserves into a small saucepan.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together over medium/high until the sauce starts to bubble. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes. Season with Sweet Money (to taste). Stir to avoid burning.
- Set sauce aside (will use for basting on smoker/plating later).
- Once the meat is at 135°F internal temp, baste all sides of meat with sauce and let it “set” on the smoker for 5 to 10 minutes, or internal temp is 140°F–145°F (or desired doneness).
- Pull meat from smoker, rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Glaze with more sauce (to taste), rest 10 minutes, slice and serve!
Pro tip: By resting your meat for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing, your meat will be much juicier; therefore, it will also be more flavorful!
Recipe courtesy of pitmaster Sterling Ball.