Crushed peanuts add a satisfying crunch to this sweet ‘n savory recipe.
4 Chairman’s Reserve® Pork tenderloins
3 to 5 tablespoons Big Poppa’s Desert Gold Citrus Seasoning
¼ cup crushed peanuts (garnish)
4 tablespoons apricot preserves
2 teaspoons smooth peanut butter
½ stick unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
½ teaspoon Big Poppa’s Little Louie’s Garlic Salt w/Black Pepper
- Preheat grill, smoker or oven to 275°F.
- Remove tenderloins from package, trim excess fat if needed.
- Season liberally with Big Poppa’s Desert Gold Seasoning (to taste).
- Let seasoning “sweat” or “melt” into meat, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put meat onto smoker, at 15 minutes flip over. Cook until an internal temperature of 140°F–145°F is reached.
- While meat is cooking, mix glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan, heat over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes. Stir to avoid burning.
- Toward the end of your cook (around 135°F internal temperature), remove from smoker, baste with apricot glaze, and place back in the smoker to “set” the sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Once meat reaches an internal temp of 140°F–145°F, pull from smoker and rest for 5 minutes.
- Once rested, baste loins with glaze, slice and sprinkle crushed peanuts over the top.
- Continue to baste sliced pieces with glaze if desired, serve immediately.
Pro tip: Cooking with medallions? Smoke over medium heat, turning the cuts after 2 to 3 minutes. Pull off heat when each cut of pork hits 145º F with a cooking thermometer, then let rest for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of pitmaster Sterling Ball.