St. Louis ribs are perfectly rubbed, smoked and sauced, then paired with a special side to complement the flavors — Sriracha cornbread..
St. Louis ribs
3 slabs Chairman’s Reserve® Pork spareribs St. Louis style
1 bag Coco Loco seasoning
FIVE MONKEYS® BBQ sauce to taste
Duck Fat Spray
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of yellow cornmeal
⅔ cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of Sriracha
1 teaspoon of salt
3 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
1 cup of half and half
⅓ cup of avocado oil
- Heat smoker to 225°F and smoke the ribs to 165°F (approx) 2 to 3 hours.
- Pull them off and wrap in foil or pink butcher paper, add BBQ sauce.
- Put them back on the smoker for another 2 hours or until 195°F to 200°F.
- Let them rest for 30 minutes and serve.
- Heat your smoker/grill to 400°F, lightly spray a 9-10” cast-iron pan with Duck Fat spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in the eggs, half and half and avocado oil until well combined, then pour it in the cast-iron pan.
- Cook for 23 to 25 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick and if it comes out clean, then pull it off to rest for 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Gabe Weiss