Skirt steak with extra zip — this dish includes whole roasted coffee beans, ginger, garlic and other flavorful ingredients in a delicious marinade.
2 Chairman’s Reserve® Angus skirt steaks cut into 6’’ pieces
½ cup whole roasted coffee beans
6 garlic cloves
3 Thai peppers
1 nub raw ginger
4 green onions
1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
⅓ cup Spanish olive oil
1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients (except meat) using a mortar and pestle or a food processor.
- Marinate cut steaks and let sit overnight.
- Using open flames (direct heat) at 600°F, sear each side for 45 seconds for the perfect medium-rare doneness.
- Place them on a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing across the grain on a bias cut.
- Add some chimichurri for extra flavor.
Recipe courtesy of Gabe Weiss.