These mouthwatering pulled pork nachos can be customized with all your favorite toppings — try repurposing leftovers into other delicious recipes..
10–12 oz Chairman’s Reserve® pulled pork shoulder — (see Pulled Pork recipe for reference)
1 bag restaurant style tortilla chips
16–24 oz refried pinto beans, heated
1 large bag shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 wheel Cotija cheese, crumbled
16–24 oz nacho cheese, melted
1 jar Mexican Crema
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
8 oz salsa (mild, medium or hot)
8 oz pico de gallo
½ jar pickled jalapeño slices
1 to 2 fresh jalapeños, sliced
1 to 2 diced white onions
1 bunch green onion, sliced
4 to 6 avocados
1 to 2 tablespoons Big Poppa’s Jallelujah Jalapeño Salt (to taste)
- Preheat smoker or oven to 275°F.
- Prepare guacamole by mixing avocados and Big Poppa’s Jallelujah Jalapeño Salt in a bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
- Using a cast-iron pan, start with a thin layer of chips and build the first layer of nachos — chips, beans, pulled pork, nacho cheese, shredded cheese, pickled jalapeños, fresh jalapeños (to taste).
- Continue to create layers 3 to 4 times, and cover the top of the final layer with a generous layer of nacho + shredded cheese on the top to cover the chips.
- Put in smoker for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted/heated through.
- Remove pan from smoker — be careful, it will be HOT! Make sure you have the right gloves to handle the pan.
- Finish topping nachos with pickled jalapeños, fresh jalapeños, salsas, pico de gallo, diced onion, guacamole, green onion, cilantro — then sprinkle with queso fresco and drizzle crema on top.
- Serve immediately while hot.
Pro tip: Feel free to add any other toppings to these nachos to create your own custom nacho recipe.
Pro tip: Pulled pork is one of the most versatile leftovers. It can be used on tacos, burgers, quesadillas and more.
Recipe courtesy of pitmaster Sterling Ball.