Quintessential flavors of France – white wine, shallots and tarragon – transform this cast-iron New York Strip Steak into an elegant meal..
ny strip steaks
2 8 oz Chairman’s Reserve® NY strip steaks (¾” thick)
Freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Combine ingredients for bearnaise butter.
- Roll herbed butter in wax paper and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown steaks 45 seconds to 1 minute each side.
- Transfer steaks to oven. Cook 5 to 7 minutes at 425°F for medium-rare (Cook 7 to 9 minutes at 425°F for medium.)
- Cook to 145°F internal temperature.
- Rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with slice of bearnaise butter after plating.