Tired of making the same appetizer? Go bold with Asian-marinated flat iron steak that’s pan-fried and served atop crispy wontons..
1 Chairman’s Reserve® Beef flat iron steak (about 1 ½ pounds)
2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
½ cup vegetable oil
12 frozen wonton wrappers, thawed
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
1 cup cucumber, diced and seeded
2 tablespoons sugar
½ cup rice vinegar
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup finely chopped green onions
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 ½ tablespoons dark sesame oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare marinated cucumbers by whisking sugar and rice vinegar in medium bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir in seeded cucumbers; place mixture in food-safe plastic bag. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour. Drain cucumbers in large colander; discard marinade.
- Prepare toasted sesame seeds. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sesame seeds. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until seeds are lightly toasted and golden. Set aside until ready to use.
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into ¼ inch strips; set aside. Combine Sesame-Soy Marinade ingredients in medium bowl. Place beef strips and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; toss to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat ½ cup oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Fry 3 wonton wrappers 15 seconds per side or until crispy; drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers.
- Remove beef strips from marinade; discard marinade. Heat pan over medium heat until hot. Add ½ of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Repeat with remaining beef. Evenly divide beef strips over wonton crisps; top beef with 1 tablespoon marinated cucumbers and ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds. Garnish plate with red bell pepper strips, if desired.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com