Pesto and crushed red pepper puts an Italian spin on this ribeye roast..
1 Chairman’s Reserve® Beef ribeye petite roast (1 ½ to 2 pounds)
¼ cup basil pesto sauce
1 ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper
1 can (14 ½ ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, drained
¼ cup coarsely chopped Kalamata olives
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine pesto and red pepper; spread evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 50 to 65 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and olives in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in fresh basil; cook 1 minute. Keep warm.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium-rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium-rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt and ground black pepper, as desired. Serve with tomato-olive mixture.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of Beef Checkoff