The flavors of the holiday season can be savored year-round with this delicious, oven roasted stuffed tenderloin recipe — complete with cranberry sauce for a touch of sweet-tartness..
1 Chairman’s Reserve® boneless pork tenderloin, about 1 to 2 pounds
1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
3 cups fresh spinach
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup cranberry sauce
6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon oil
- Heat a large pot over medium-low heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the onions with a pinch of salt and stir. Cook, stirring often, until the onions begin to caramelize, about 30 to 40 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. Stir in the sage.
- Transfer the onions to a bowl. Add the remaining butter and heat over medium heat. Stir in the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until it wilts. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a roasting pan or baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with nonstick spray.
- Place the pork on a cutting board and using a sharp knife, slice it twice to open it up. Start at the bottom of the pork (about ¼-inch from the bottom) and slice it lengthwise, then continue to cut again and open up the pork. Season the inside with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cranberry sauce on top of the pork, leaving an inch or two around the edges so you can roll it up. Add the spinach, followed by the caramelized onions. Crumble the goat cheese on top.
- Tightly roll up the tenderloin and tie it together with kitchen twine. Rub some oil on the pork tenderloin and season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Place the pork on the roasting pan or baking sheet and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the inside is cooked and reads about 140°F to 145°F. Let the pork rest for 20 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve with extra cranberry sauce, gravy or your choice of side.