Bring the tropics to your dinner table with this Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs with Ginger-Mango Barbecue Sauce. Elevate your usual BBQ sauce and lather these fall off the bone short ribs for a diverse flavor profile.
1 Chairman’s Reserve® beef short ribs boneless, (about 2 pounds), cut 2 x 2 x 4-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups diced fresh or drained jarred mango
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 cup hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place beef short ribs, mango, onion and ginger in 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 quart slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours or LOW 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 hours or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
2. Remove short ribs, season with salt and pepper, as desired. Skim fat from cooking liquid; serve over short ribs.
– Three pounds bone-in short ribs may be substituted.
– Other flavors of barbecue sauce may be substituted for hickory-flavor.
– Short ribs can be served over mashed sweet potatoes, if desired.