Flavor from the steak and buttery saltiness from the bacon combine to make a symphony of flavor you can’t resist. Experience jalapeño’s strong kick bringing the grand finale to a spicy finish.
4 Chairman’s Reserve® beef top loin (strip) steaks, 1″ thick
1/3 cup Blue Cheese Bacon Butter
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
Blue Cheese Bacon Butter
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup softened butter
1 package (3 oz) cream cheese
4 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon
1 tablespoon snipped chives
2 teaspoons jalapeño sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1. Combine rub ingredients; press evenly onto steaks.
2. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
3. Grill uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
4. To serve, top warm steaks with butter mixture.
5. Blue Cheese Bacon Butter: Combine all ingredients in medium bowl; mix thoroughly. Makes 1 1/3 cups.
Serving suggestions: Grilled asparagus, mashed potatoes with the skins