Master a fine dining experience with this Filet and Mushroom recipe with a creamy Blue Cheese, and Frizzled Shallot Sauce to top it off. Cook in 30 minutes for juicy robust flavor.
4 Chairman’s Reserve® beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick
4 thick slices bacon
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 small shallots, thinly sliced
8 oz shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, diced
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Cook bacon in heavy ovenproof skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Cool bacon; crumble. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Add the shallots; toss to coat. Heat the bacon drippings over medium-high heat until hot. Add floured shallots to bacon drippings and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until well browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon to paper towels. Set aside.
3. Season steaks evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat same skillet over medium heat until hot. Sear steaks in skillet and finish in the oven to medium-rare doneness. Remove to serving platter; keep warm.
4. Add mushrooms and water to skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat about 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add the cream. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cream is almost absorbed. Stir in cheese and bacon.
5. Serve mushroom mixture with steaks. Top with shallots.
Serving suggestions: Steamed haricot vert or green beans, roasted fingerling potatoes