Bring out the aromatic flavors of prime rib with this citrus, garlic and rosemary rub. The experience doesn’t there – finish it with rich potatoes stuffed with zucchini and red bell peppers.
1 Chairman’s Reserve® Beef ribeye roast, small end (4 to 6 pounds)
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
1 teaspoon salt
4 large baking potatoes (about 10 oz each)
1 cup diced red bell pepper
1 cup diced zucchini
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup butter, divided
1/2 cup hot milk
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine rub ingredients; press onto beef roast. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350°F oven 1 3/4 to 2 hours for medium-rare; 2 to 2 1/2 hours for medium doneness.
2. Prepare potatoes. Scrub potatoes; prick each with a fork. Arrange on absorbent towel and bake in microwave oven at HIGH 13 to 15 minutes, rotating potatoes 1/4 turn after 7 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Combine red bell pepper, zucchini, onion and 2 tablespoons butter in 1-1/2 quart microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave at HIGH 4 to 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out centers, being careful not to break the skins. Mash potatoes until light; whip in hot milk, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper. Stir in vegetables. Spoon mixture into potato shells; place on round microwave-safe platter. Microwave at HIGH 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through.
4. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium-rare; 150°F for medium. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will rise to 145°F for medium-rare; 160°F for medium.)
5. Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with potatoes.