A pressure cooker is the perfect method to sear and then braise these flavorful pork chops — all layered in a bright and soulful onion gravy..
Chairman’s Reserve® Pork chops (about 4 pounds)
2 onions, julienne
4 cups stock, pork or beef
3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons flour
- Season pork chops with seasoning mixture (cajun, salt, pepper).
- In saute mode, heat 2 tablespoons oil and sear pork chops 3 minutes per side.
- Add in onions, sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in stock and set cooker on high for 10 minutes.
- After the pressure has been released remove pork chops.
- Whisk in flour and then heavy cream slowly to thicken up the gravy and add pork chops back in.