Classic chops with a Southern twist that’ll be an instant addition to your dinner menu rotation. Seared in the skillet, then oven roasted and topped with peaches for a sweet and bold comfort food favorite..
4, 6 oz Chairman’s Reserve® boneless pork chops
3 cups apple cider, divided
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons salt
2 peaches, chopped into ¼” pieces
3 oz bourbon
½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
4 tablespoons butter
- Prepare brine/marinade by combing 1 cup milk and 1 cup apple cider in a shallow pan. Add pork chops and allow to marinade in fridge for 1 hour (up to overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on stove on medium-high heat.
- Remove chops from brine and pat dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle with salt and place in hot skillet for 2 minutes on each side to sear the chops.
- Transfer to an oven-safe pan (or if the pan you used to sear is oven safe, transfer chops to oven). Cook for 6 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare sauce while chops are cooking. Place 2 cups apple cider in sauce pan and heat until reduced by half (about 5 to 6 minutes).
- Once reduced, add diced peaches, bourbon, brown sugar and cook 4 to 5 minutes until liquid coats back of the spoon.
- Add paprika and butter and remove from heat.
- Slice chops and top with the peaches and sauce.
Recipe courtesy of @supermancooks