This hearty sub delivers it all — fresh ingredients, flavorful condiments and juicy pork tenderloin..
2 Chairman’s Reserve® Pork tenderloin
1 extra-long baguette or roll
Italian dressing (for marinade)
Big Poppa’s Desert Gold Citrus Garlic Seasoning
Oil & vinegar
Provolone cheese, thinly sliced
Pickles, sandwich slices
Sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- Marinade pork tenderloin in Italian dressing for one hour in the fridge.
- Preheat your grill for a 2-zone cook — one side for grilling at a higher heat, one side for roasting at a lower heat.
- While your grill is heating up, prep your sandwich toppings.
- Slice your baguette or roll down the middle (make sure it stays intact).
- Once your grill is ready, grill the pork tenderloin on the sear side for about 2 minutes, then roll to another side and sear for 2 minutes, continue until evenly seared on all sides.
- Once evenly seared, check the internal temperature of the pork, should be around 110ºF.
- Once at 110ºF, place pork on the roasting side of your grill and cook until internal temp is around 140ºF.
- Once internal temp is 140ºF, pull from grill, rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Assemble your sub by spreading mayo on the bottom slice of bread, then layering in lettuce, onion, pickles and tomatoes — drizzle with oil, vinegar and add pork slices on top. Include any other condiments you want to add.
- Slather more mayo on the top side of the bread and add the provolone cheese.
- Slice into sections and serve.
Pro tip: When slicing the sandwich, wrap tightly in plastic wrap to hold it together and slice through the plastic wrap for easy slicing.
Pro tip: Cooking with medallions? Grill for 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat, turning the cuts after 2 to 3 minutes. Pull off the heat when each cut of pork hits 145º F with a cooking thermometer, then let rest for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of pitmaster Sterling Ball.