A quick and easy marinade adds a spicy, sweet and savory kick. Try it paired with corn tortillas and all your favorite toppings..
1 Chairman’s Reserve® Pork tomahawk
⅛ cup olive oil
2 limes zest
8 roasted garlic or black garlic cloves
4 tablespoons gochujang paste
3 tablespoons hoisin
1 apple, diced
4 scallions, diced
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
- Mix marinade and puree, then coat the tomahawk overnight.
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill for medium heat.
- Grill 10 to 12 minutes per side until an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Let rest and slice. Serve with your favorite tortillas and garnish. Kimchi or a quick slaw really brightens up the party!
Alternate Cooking Methods: Cast-Iron/Oven
- Prepare Marinade. Marinate tomahawk in a plastic zip-lock bag.
- Prepare your oven by preheating to 325°F and preheating a cast-iron skillet for 5 to 8 minutes on medium until smoking. Place tomahawk in cast-iron pan on 5 minutes per side and baste with 2 tablespoons of butter. Then transfer to the oven for 10 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and serve.
Alternate Cooking Methods: Sous Vide/Cast-Iron
- Prepare Marinade. Marinate tomahawk and seal to 60% in a sous vide bag.
- Prepare your sous vide machine and water bath to 145°F with a 4-hour timer.
- Place tomahawk inside. After the 4 hours are up, you can either sear the chop or chill it for future use.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet for 5 to 8 minutes on medium until smoking. Place tomahawk in cast-iron pan on 3 minutes per side and baste with 2 tablespoons of butter. Then transfer to a wire rack to rest for 10 minutes.