If you love a good dry rub, then you’ll love this pitmaster-approved baby back ribs recipe..
- Preheat grill to 275°F.
- Trim ribs, if needed, remove the membrane on the bone side.
- Spray both sides with avocado oil.
- Season both sides liberally/evenly with Desert Gold and Jallelujah Bacon Jalapeño Rubs (to taste).
- Press seasoning into the meat, making sure you get in between the bones. Let rub/salt “melt” into the meat, around 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place on cooker meat side up for ½ hour, flip to meat side down for ½ hour, and then flip again to meat side up for another ½ hour to 45 minutes.
- Test ribs for doneness. A thermometer should be able to slide smoothly into the meat with little to no resistance.
- Pull ribs off of smoker when they reach desired doneness, let rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon over the ribs, slice and serve immediately.
Pro tip: When the ribs are done, they should have good “bend” or smile in them but should not be falling off the bone. If you really want your ribs to “fall off the bone” continue to cook until you can’t hold both ends of the rack without breaking in the center.
Recipe courtesy of pitmaster Sterling Ball.